Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pressing On - Bible Reflections

A verse that inspire hope and a promise for the future:

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:12-14

I just love this part: "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize..."

I press on.

Toward what is ahead.

Sometimes I feel like we can dwell on the past so much. We have regrets that we keep reliving in our mind's eye. But we have so much more than the past. We are forgiven, and we can move on from what is behind.

Something that I want to work on is looking at the positive things that I have now and the positive things that will come instead of looking so much at the regrets of the past. An approach I used so much was that I focused on what I needed to get over more than focusing on what I was going to do in the future to live a victorious life through Christ. I am not perfect, but I need to concentrate on Him and the blessings I have received through Him. Because at the end of it all, the Bible says that I will receive the prize. So why do I keep looking back at yesterday? It's time for me to press on and take hold of my future that is promised in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment