Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Unanswered

Sometimes when I see and hear about all of the sickness in the world, I don't understand. I am confused. Why do some people get very sick and some don't? Why does one person have one disease and a different person have another disease?

 Sometimes I think about all of the unknown answers for diseases.  People are working constantly and putting forth such great effort to find the answer. Day after day. Month after month. Year after year.

Then I realize that while we are constantly searching for the answers with extremely complex chemical formulas and advanced technology, God already knows. He knows every nook and cranny of our our internal makeup and knows which cells are being affected and why; He created every single bit of us. He knows what will happen even before we feel the first pain. Think about the size of the smallest part of our body. An atom is .3 nanometers which is the same as .00000003 cm! That is just crazy to me. There is just so much in life that we can't see and that we can't understand. But I just don't think we are meant to understand.

I don't know why people get sick. I don't know why some people seem to have it way worse than others. All I know is that God is omniscient. He is all-knowing. And all-capable. He is God. And I don't think He would let his children go through something if He didn't have a reason for it. We may not know what it is, but He does.

Though humans are imperfect, worn down, and not meant to live forever, I am very grateful that our spirits are! I try to put things in perspective by thinking that life on earth is literally the blink of the eye compared to eternity. If our life is a drop of water, eternity is all of the oceans combined. If our life is the moon, eternity is the universe. And it's even bigger than that! It is very difficult for me to comprehend, but I try to remember that life here is just a microscopic sliver of our life in Heaven. So tonight, I will rest on the promise that He has a plan far bigger than I could even imagine, and I trust that He is in control of it all.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:26)

No comments:

Post a Comment