Saturday, May 19, 2018

My Life in Music

I am a huge music lover. Music is definitely a big part of me, and I really don't know what I would do without it. I just wouldn't be myself if I couldn't listen to or play music. I have played piano since I was five and have been in choirs since high school. My parents probably have a lot to do with my love for music. My mom and dad always had music playing as I was growing up. My mom played the piano a lot when I was young and my dad loved to sing. My dad made me my first "mixtape" when I was about seven or eight years old and listening to music was one of my favorite things to do when I was younger. So, just for the fun of it, I thought I would answer some questions about music.

1. What was the last song you listened to? 


139 / Dead of Night - Leeland

2. What song are you loving right now?


Right now I am really into a capella music. So my favorite song at the moment is the version of She Used to Be Mine sung by Upper Structure. I love this song so much and I can't stop listening to it!

3. What was the last concert you attended?

It's been a while since I have been to a concert. I think the last concert I attended was a One Direction concert.

4. What was the best concert you have ever been to?

I went to a BarlowGirl concert years ago and it was so great. I remember that it made a huge impression on me. I think it was my first official "Christian" concert.

5. Name your favorite album.

One of my favorite albums will probably always be Young Love by Mat Kearney. I will never get tired of listening to it.

6. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?

The music to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe will always be special to me, since it was one of my favorite book series when I was growing up. Watching all of the characters coming to life in the movie, along with listening to the soundtrack, was so magical.

7. What is a song that makes you happy?

There are so many, but one that comes to mind is pink skies by LANY.

8. Who are your favorite artists?


  • Mat Kearney
  • LANY
  • Ben Rector
  • Relient K
And SO many more.


9. What is your favorite genre of music?

I like songs in most genres. I like a lot of pop music, worship music, and "indie" music.

10. What song has meant a lot to you in the past?

The song Times by Tenth Avenue North definitely meant a lot to me since it talks about the all encompassing, ever-forgiving love of God. Actually, there were many Tenth Avenue North songs that got me through some hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment