Thursday, June 7, 2012

Understanding Faith

Hi, everyone. As I was reading my Life Application Study Bible, I came across this great side passage in Romans, so I thought I would share it. Hope you find it helpful :)

"We must be very careful to understand faith as Paul uses the word because he ties faith so closely to salvation. It it not something we must do in order to earn salvation - if that were true, then faith would be just one more deed, and Paul clearly states that human deeds can never save us (Galations 2:16). Instead, faith is a gift God gives us because he is saving us (Ephesians 2:8). It is God's grace, not our faith, that saves us. In his mercy, however, when he saves us, he gives us faith - a relationship with his Son that helps us become like him. Through the faith he gives us, he carries us from death into life." (Pg. 1881)


No comments:

Post a Comment