Thursday, August 4, 2011

Faith


     Today was a really windy day which caused me to remember a time when I made a discovery about the wind. It was about five years ago, when I was struggling with faith. Trusting in what was unseen. I remember I was in the front yard getting ready to go somewhere. The wind was so strong, rushing through my hair and clothes. It seemed so urgent and sure. Like it was trying to make a point. And that's when it hit me. Faith was like the wind.
     You can't see the wind but you know it's there. You can feel it. Hear the sound. You can see its effects. You can see it rustle the leaves on the trees as they dance and twirl. You can hear it as it weaves through the grass. Wind is invisible, but it sure is powerful. "Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain in what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1 finally made sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment