Saturday, January 3, 2015

2014 Favorites!


Hair Care:

1. Herbal Essences Naked Moisture Shampoo - This shampoo is definitely an all time favorite for me. My hair gets pretty oily after a day or two and this shampoo works very well. It also smells AMAZING. I've never tried a shampoo that smells so good. It smells very fresh, which I love. I also love that it is clear without unnecessary ingredients such as conditioner, which always makes my roots even more oily. I've also tried the volume shampoo in this line, which I really like, but it does not smell nearly as good as the moisture one (in my opinion).
2. Batiste Dry Shampoo - I have tried SO many different kinds of dry shampoo, and this one is definitely my favorite. I am so glad I discovered it in 2014. It does the best job at cutting down on the oil, and lasts much longer than any other kind of dry shampoo I have tried.

Makeup:

3. Loreal True Match Super Blendable Foundation - I ended up getting this foundation for Christmas, and though I've only been using it for a week, I know it is the BEST drugstore foundation I have ever used. My skin is extremely dry, so usually drugstore foundations just don't seem to glide smoothly over my skin but highlight every dry section (even when I exfoliate properly and use a good moisturizer). But this one glides over my skin so smoothly, covers my uneven skin tone, and lasts for a long time. I am thinking about doing a separate review on this foundation because I love it sooooo much!
4. Real Techniques Stippling Brush - This stippling brush works wonderfully to apply my liquid foundation (along with my new love, the True Match foundation). The bristles are soft and blend the makeup into your skin very well!
5. Mario Badescu Kera Moisturizer - This moisturizer is awesome for me because it is very, very moisturizing, which I really need, and it doesn't break me out like so many other moisturizers do. I use this as a sort of "night cream" after I take my makeup off each night before I go to bed. The trick for me has definitely been using this daily without skipping days, and my skin has NEVER felt so soft, smooth and hydrated. Five stars from me for this moisturizer!

Clothing:

6. Sperry's - Specifically the black ones I purchased this fall. These sperry's are great because they can be worn more casually or more dressy. They are very versatile, which is awesome. They also have a lot more arch support than regular dress flats or heels. They have been so useful this year!

Food:

7. Campbell's Homemstyle soup (specifically Creamy Gouda Bisque with Chicken and Creamy Chicken Alfredo) - This year I have been LOVING this line of soup from Campbell's. The soup is so high quality and often includes a ton of healthy ingredients such as beans, veggies, and rice. This soup makes a really fast, easy meal if you are too tired to make a time-consuming meal. They are a lot more filling than most other soups, in my opinion! They also make a great side dish!
8. The restaurant Chipotle…especially burrito bowls and their amazing guacamole. For some reason I have just been extra into Chipotle this year. I plan on continuing this trend into 2015!
9. Cooking and baking - This year I have really been into trying new recipes whenever I can. I love good food and I love trying new things. Experimenting with different ingredients and flavors is always so much fun! Probably my favorite inspiration for cooking and baking is Pinterest. I have found so many easy, yummy, and often healthy recipes there. Pinning food is probably my favorite thing to do on Pinterest! Ha! You can see my food pins if you like HERE!

Music:

10. “Young Love” album by Mat Kearney - I have been a fan of Mat Kearney for several years now, but this year I really appreciated his album "Young Love". I love just about every single song on this album. Each one is so unique and very fun to listen to. I recommend it highly!
11. “Love Ran Red” album by Chris Tomlin and especially the song “Boundary Lines” (AKA my jam…did I just write that? Well…it’s true!) I'm always excited when Chris Tomlin releases a new CD and this one definitely did not disappoint. I have it on repeat right now and am loving it!
12. Pretty much all of Rend Collective’s songs but my favorite album by the group is probably “Homemade Worship by Handmade People". Rend Collective has such a unique sound and I can't get enough of them. Their songs are so heartfelt, honest and real.

Media:

13. “Ramona and Beezus” Movie – I know this was made a long time ago, but I watched it for the first time this year. I could watch it over and over and never get tired of it. I’m not completely sure why…but I love it so much!

Faith:

14. Joyce Meyer Podcasts - This favorite has been a huge part of my life in 2014. Almost every morning I listen to the 13-15 minute podcasts while I put on my makeup and do my hair in the morning (it's the perfect time to listen!). Joyce Meyer's ministry in general has been such a huge part of my life. This year I read her devotionals, books, and more. She is literally helping me change who I am and the way I live my life for the better (with the help of Jesus of course!) I'd say my faith has been the most significant change in my life this year. It hasn't all been super easy and flawless, but my growth in my walk with the Lord has been real and definitely very good. I plan on continuing this favorite into 2015 as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment