Monday, June 17, 2013

"The Boy Who Never" by Landon Pigg - Song Reaction




Hello everyone!

For today's music post, I am talking about an amazing song called, "The Boy Who Never," by Landon Pigg. I actually found this song on YouTube after watching Landon Pigg's "Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop" (which is also a great song by the way). When I read the title of the song, it instantly intrigued me. I thought, The boy who never did....what? When I clicked on the song, I was initially greeted with a really mellow, soft sounding instrumental. Something you don't hear too often. And then came the first lyric,

"The strongest structures ever built are the ones that don't get built at all."

After hearing that lyric, I was intrigued to listen even more intently.  The rest of the song was quite ingenious, in my opinion. His lyrics were soo creative in conveying his purpose.

"And the kind of bricks that don't get laid are the only kind that never fall.
He taught himself how not to lose by never really trying to win
That's how the man in front of you become 
The Boy Who Never.

I'm afraid of what might happen if together we built a wall.
'Cause the only kind of love that never gets built 
Is the only kind of love that never falls.
So I'll forfeit future tears of joy to save us both from pain.
I could kiss you now but I'd only miss you more
When I walk away."


With the unique juxtaposition of the very blunt lyrics, and the calm, mellow music, Landon makes a big impression. 

I just love the message of this song. I think it can be applied to so many different situations and not just relationships. For example, it shows that if you never do anything you want to do because of fear, you will lose 100% of the time. If you don't try out for the musical, there is a 100% chance you won't get the part. If you don't ever pick up a flute, there is a 100% chance you won't learn it. If you don't fill out the application to your dream college, there is a 100% chance you won't get in. If you don't clean your room or house, there is a 100% chance that it won't look as nice and organized as those magazines.

I guess what I am trying to say (like Landon did in his song), is that if you never try, you will never even give yourself the option of succeeding. Of course, life isn't a piece of cake. You are going to have to work hard at some things. Not everything will come easily. And life is not perfect. You will make mistakes and hurt people's feelings just like the 7 billion other people in the world. But what kind of life is that, always sitting back on the sidelines and watching the world going by, but never really participating in it? You have talents for a reason and you are here for a reason. You were designed to make an impact that only you can make. Not everything will go the way you planned or the way you wanted, but ultimately, if you do what God created you to do, you will be happy, content, and you will find joy.

So go out there and try. Take a chance. Step out beyond your comfort zone and do whatever God has been tugging on your heart to do. 


"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." (Ephesians 3:20 NLT)

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart..." (Jeremiah 1:5 NLT)

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the LORD. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'" (Jeremiah 1:29 NLT)


Have an amazing week as the girls and boys who did. :)

<3 foreverfaith

No comments:

Post a Comment