Monday, June 3, 2013

Life is Beautiful with The Afters: Band and New Album Thoughts


Hello everyone!

For this Music Monday, I am going to be talking about another one of my favorite artists, The Afters. The Afters are what I would call a Christian, Pop sounding band. I have been a fan of their music for several years, and love that their lyrics are so relatable, colorful and meaningful. Another one of the main things that I like about The Afters is the musicality of their songs. The instruments in the background don't completely drown out the vocals and the melodies are very pleasing to the ear. I also love Josh Havens' voice, the lead vocalist.


The Afters sound just as great, if not better (in my opinion) in their new album, "Life is Beautiful." This album is very positive and a lot of fun to listen to. Hope and a love for life really shines through. If I am ever down and need some encouragement, I can play this and it cheers me up. Overall, it is my favorite album that they have released so far. I also love it as a summer album; I have it on repeat quite a lot.

Even though every song on their new album is fantastic, here are some of my favorites:

1. Love Is In the Air
2. In My Eyes
3. Life is Beautiful
4. Moments Like This
5. This Life
6. Believe (Waiting for an Answer)

(It is seriously so difficult to pick my favorites! I just love all of the songs on their new album so much.)  :)

Here are some more of my favorite songs by The Afters from their past albums:

1. Ocean Wide
2. Runaway
3. Lift Me Up
3. Start Over

I also heard that the song "Life is Beautiful"by The Afters is in the movie October Baby. I recently watched the trailer and it looks pretty good! Has anyone seen it? If so, how did you like it? Anyway, I will leave you with the music video for the song "Life is Beautiful." Just like the title, the song itself is beautiful as well.

I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you have a great week!

-foreverfaith <3



P.S. I made a set on Polyvore inspired by this song which you can see here if you would like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment