Monday, May 27, 2013

Running Into Summer with Chris August: Music Monday



Hello everyone!

Today I am going to talk about one of my favorite singers, Chris August. I actually listened to his music several years ago and recently rediscovered it. I love his sound and his voice is so easy to listen to. I also really like that his songs have a good amount of variety between serious topics and fun topics. Best of all, his lyrics are really creative and unique. He's also going on tour! (It would be so amazingly awesome if I could go!)

One of my favorite songs by Chris right now is "You and I" from his 2010 album, "No Far Away." It's just a really happy, carefree song, perfect for driving down the road with the windows down. It's such a good song for the beginning of summer.

A sampling of the awesome lyrics:

"Put your smile on
Today is gonna save us
Let the bridge down
The sun is gonna wake us"




Some other great songs by Chris:

1. Loving You Is Easy
2. 7X70
3. Restore
4. The Upside of Down


Additionally, one of the things I really love to do is think about what a writer was thinking about when they wrote a song. When I found out that Chris had written a little intro/explanation to all of his songs on his website, I was super happy (I know...I'm kinda nerdy when it comes to this stuff). Sometimes it makes a song even more meaningful when you know the writer's motivation behind it. If any of you are curious about why Chris wrote any of his songs here is the the link to his website where you can click on any song to find the intro and lyrics:

-http://www.chrisaugustmusic.com/albums

You can also find out a lot about an artist if they put up YouTube videos that go beyond just regular music videos. Since I am already addicted to YouTube, I looked through some random videos on Chris's channel. One of the things I found out was that Chris was super funny! I've included the link to his channel if you were interested:

-http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisaugustmusic


Thank you all for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you have heard of Chris before, and if you have, what is your favorite song by him? Have an awesome day! :)

-foreverfaith <3



P.S. I made a set inspired by the song "You and I" on Polyvore. You can check that out here if you'd like :) Also, this post isn't sponsored or anything...I just really love Chris's music! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Chris August. Listen to Klove when I drive and he is on there a lot.

    ReplyDelete