Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Colors of the Rainbow Tag: Beauty/Fashion Wednesday

Hello everyone!

Like it says in the title, today I am going to be doing the Colors of the Rainbow tag. This has been going around on YouTube lately, but I thought it would also be fun do it on my blog. I thought it was such a unique and fun challenge. If you haven't heard of the tag before, you pick products that you like that correspond to each color of the rainbow with an added pink and multi-colored item just for fun. So without further ado, here are my picks:



Red - Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray

                    Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray - 8 oz

I actually purchased this product a few weeks ago, and I have really been liking it. I had been looking for an inexpensive heat protectant for my hair for a while, so this one did the trick. It is only $5 at Ulta, it smells really good, and I feel so much better about knowing that I won't fry my hair whenever I use hot tools.

Find the product online here.

Orange - Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti


        Revlon beauty product

One of the reasons that I like this product is because of the formula and pigmentation. I am someone who usually likes lip shades that are more wearable and that aren't too deeply pigmented. I would say that the Revlon Lip Butters are perfect for those who want to try a brighter, bolder color, but don't want to overdo it. I think the shade Tutti Frutti is really fun for summer. However, it is an orange color which may seem unusual to some people. I personally like it, but it's just something to take into consideration. :)

Find the product online here.

Yellow - DKNY Golden Delicious Perfume 

          DKNY Golden Delicious Fragrance Collection

I chose this perfume for my yellow color because it is one of my favorite perfumes. I actually got it on sale this past Christmas. I would say that the scent is fruity, slightly sweet, and warm if that makes any sense. I also personally like the scent even more after it has been on the skin for a while.

Find the product online here.

Green - Feeling Beautiful Avacado & Oatmeal Facial Clay Mask

          drugstore.com

I think this mask is such a great product. It really does its job by cleaning out the pores and making the skin feel super clean overall. I use this every once in a while when I really want to get rid of the "impurities" in my skin. There is a scent to it which doesn't bother me, but it could annoy some people. I may do a full review on this later.

Find the product online here.

Blue - Cetaphil For Dry, Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Cream


           Cetaphil For Dry, Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Cream, 3 oz

Since my skin tends to get dry, this moisturizer works really well for me. I love the thickness of it because it makes my skin feel hydrated all day. It doesn't really feel greasy to me, which is great. I definitely recommend this moisturizer, especially if you have dry skin.

Find the product online here.

"Indigo" - Bedhead Deep Waver - Artist Waver


           Bed Head Waver Artist Deep Waver

So after searching for quite a while, I couldn't find a beauty or fashion item in my house that was indigo. Therefore, I chose this blue-ish deep waver since I have really been liking this item lately. It is currently my favorite hair tool. I love the beachy-esque waves it creates, and it wasn't too expensive at Target.

Find the product online here.

Violet - Orly Nail Polish in Lollipop


           Orly Lollipop

Even though this nail polish isn't a true purple, I absolutely love this lilac color. It is mostly opaque with one coat and definitely opaque with two coats. I love the consistency and it's super pretty for spring and summer.

Find the product online here.

Pink - Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink


           Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush

I chose this pink cream blush because I love the glowy look it brings to my cheeks. If my cheeks are drier than usual, I can put this on and it really does seem to freshen up my face. Sometimes I will lightly swipe a similarly colored powder blush overtop to set it and make it even more glowy. Also, this blush is a bit bright but I wouldn't say it is over the top bright or anything.

Find the product online here.

Multi-Colored - Pastel Friendship Bracelet




Since I couldn't find an item with all of the colors of the rainbow, I chose this friendship bracelet I got on vacation a few years ago (at a store I can't remember). I am kinda sorta obsessed with pastels, so this bracelet worked perfectly. :)


I hope you enjoyed the Colors of the Rainbow Tag! Let me know if you have any requests for beauty or fashion Wednesday posts. Have an awesome day and I'll "see" you with a new post Friday!

-foreverfaith <3


No comments:

Post a Comment